Tuesday 2 February 2010

Tea and Coffee and Cake

Day Sixty One.

Spent the day NOT thinking about smoking! Horray! And if I DID find myself thinking about it, I made sure I distracted myself. It's not being too much of a problem.

Our tenant and good friend Christian moved out yesterday, so we now have the house to ourselves. Our plan is to up the gear in terms of getting the house ready for market, but first we needed to reclaim the space a bit, and make it our own again. I had been itching for some time to sort out the wooden shelves on top of the work-surface, and today I was able to clean and organise them. Before:


The shelves house the teas and coffees, as well as the bread and cakes (!) - and are conveniently located next to the kettle and toaster. After:


I've got this idea though, whereby I'd like to start putting out some of the jars we need to use up - and the top shelf would be ideal. Realistically though, are we really going to go to the shelf first (to see if we want to use anything up) before going to the cupboard to get the specific thing we have in mind to eat? I'm not sure. I might try it, even if it doesn't work, it might at least remind Phil of some of the contents of the darker corners of the cupboards...

1 comment:

  1. That seems like a good idea, which I must say I'd never thought of before. There always seem to be weird things at the backs of the cupboards. I suspect my dream larder (for it is a larder that I desire) would have very shallow shelves from floor to ceiling so nothing could hide behind everything else. A girl can dream, eh? xxx

    ReplyDelete