Tuesday 9 November 2010

Novel Update

The "novel-writing" is continuing when I get a chance (although Megan seems to be sleeping a lot less than usual in order to keep me on my toes), so I thought I'd share my stats with you (rather than any actual writing, ha ha).


As you can see, I'm well behind. Those blue towers of my word count are supposed to be up there with the purple diagonal line of the Daily Goal. But the great thing about these figures is that they're actually helping me to believe it might be possible to write 50,000 words this month - I can finish on time if I manage 1970 words per day... Better keep going then and stop procrastinating... But uh-oh, I think I can hear Meggie stirring...

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! They got new tables and things. You're doing great by the way. I'd never have had enough brain to attempt this when Jake was little - and I'd have had the opportunity since he spent most of his first months of life either at the boob or asleep on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding it really hard for all of those reasons! Meg's on the boob a lot, and then she falls asleep on me (so I try to type one handed) - sometimes I can move her to the bed and she doesn't wake up (this is usually a good time to go and get some sustenance) other times it's such light sleep I have to leave her there. And yes, my brain feels a bit lobotomised, so goodness knows what crap I'm really writing. Anyway, makes for more variety in the day, and I don't feel as cabin-feverish :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. a quick request.....when the time comes can you write my 30,000 word dissertation for me? i have a funny feeling you'll get it done a lot faster than i will :D love to know what sort of things your writing! good luck tho xx hope megan is doing ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm writing about a guy I once knew who I really disliked, only it's fictionalised. Everything he does goes wrong. That's it really. What's your dissertation about? I'm pretty sure you'll be a lot better qualified to write it than me, ha ha! :D

    ReplyDelete