Monday 18 January 2010

Last Recording Day

Day Forty Six.

Not an easy day, but we did the very last of the recording for the album, and now all that's left to be done is... well, quite a lot of fiddly things, but the project is moving on and all is well.

After a long bath in the relaxing, evening silence of the house, I plugged my headphones in and got to work on topping and tailing all of the tracks (and making sure we had only the essential tracks) on each song. Sometimes when you record a few takes, you keep all of them, even though you may have decided at the time that they weren't good enough. This can be useful if you need material to cannibalise later, but more often than not it's simply confusing and a drain on your time.

Got to bed at 1am, tired, but satisfied with a job well done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this album, and all the more for hearing how much time and effort goes into it. There are so many small things that I never would have thought of, and I think it will just make me appreciate it all the more when it's finished.

    I hope you're not too tired today lady. I was up til 1:30am working on/printing a lino. I'm shattered today, but luckily I feel satisfied too:-)

    Lovelovelove Hannah xxxxx

    ReplyDelete