Thursday 31 December 2009

A New Knitting Project

Day Twenty Seven.

I've been salivating over my Christmas book 'Stitch and Bitch' for a few days now, and my fingers are itching to start making something. I thought I'd start with something quick and easy, so when I found the pattern for 'Hot Head' - a lovely, ribbed hat - I knew I had found my project. My stash of wool is massive - I got pretty carried away last time I ordered from Kemps Wool Shop (a very cheap, online store, which I thoroughly recommend) as their clearance wools are so very beautiful, and so very affordable... I knew I wanted to use Wendy's Chameleon (Chunky) as it's quick to knit and holds together so well. But, I must be a very slow knitter, as this is how far I got, when the book promises it will only take two hours at the most:


So you see I have indeed started, which is something. I shall share the results with you when they are worth seeing! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Emilymach! And yay! I'm so glad your Stitch N Bitch arrived and that you're enjoying it. I love the wool you're using - thanks for posting that link, I'm off to follow it right now! xx PS. I'm a slow knitter too - I usually have to multiply guide times by at least 4. Still, us slowies get more hours of knitty pleasure, innit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh!!!! Looks great! I miss knitting. Will definitely bookmark that link though, just incase...

    Oh, and I was a mega slow knitter too!!

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete